Here is some Local information and pricing, as a guide only on Spaying and Castration in the Nottingham Area.
This information was taken off of respective websites…
However Prices and offers may have changed, so please check with them direct for the most up to date pricing!!!
If you don’t neuter your cat…
You could have problems
- If your cat has kittens, do you know enough people to take them on and give them good homes for the rest of their lives?
- Unneutered tom cats are noisy at night – often for hours on end. They are likely to stray from home, sometimes for weeks at a time and can get into fights.
- Males spray their territory with smelly urine – neutering stops this or at the least makes them do this less and the smell is not so bad.
- Entire cats (not neutered) are more at risk from infectious sexually transmitted diseases such as Feline immunodeficiency virus (FiV) and Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) which there is no cure for.
It could cost you
- Male cats injured in fights or through wandering often need expensive veterinary treatment.
- A female cat will get pregnant and you will end up with kittens to care for – cats can have up to 18 kittens in a year. Once a female has given birth, she can get pregnant again almost immediately. Kittens cost a lot of money to rear and more importantly, need a lot of time.
Your cat could suffer
- Unneutered males fight with others, and often get infected wounds, abscesses and serious illness.
- Unneutered cats roam farther then neutered ones, they are more likely to get lost or have an accident.
- Your cat would be vulnerable to FiV and FeLV, incurable diseases, from mating or fighting. You would have to keep your cat in for the rest of its life.
- Unneutered cats are bound to get pregnant or make others pregnant – cats can breed from 4mths.
THE VET – Nottingham
Glaisdale Drive West
Tel 01158 969 984
This is we believe one of the best priced vets in the Notts area for Spays and Castrations.
Cat Castration (male) – £24.99
Cat Spay (female) – £37.99
You can find all information here:
Free neutering for strays
If you have an un-neutered stray cat that you are feeding, you can take it to “The Vet” and under the Cats Protection Scheme, Strays will be neutered for NO CHARGE. Please make use of this fantastic opportunity and spread the word to anyone you know who may benefit from it.
Cat Neuter (male & female) – £10
You can find all information here
or call the CPL Helpline on 03000 12 12 12
Cat Neuter (male & female) – £30
You can find all information here.